Introducing The All-New Hurricane SunDeck 2690!
May 8, 2013
Signaling an exciting new direction for the industry’s top- selling and original deck boat, Nautic Global Group has introduced the Hurricane SunDeck 2690. Billed as the brand’s new flagship, the 2690 features a number of clever innovations, an exclusive new running surface, and forward-thinking construction techniques.
“The inspiration for this boat was really driven by the owner experience as well as the dealer’s service team,” said Andy Lindstrom, Nautic Global Group’s Hurricane Brand Manager. “When you look closely at the 2690, you’ll see it’s designed to make ownership, operation and maintenance as easy as possible.”
Built on a new hull developed by the widely respected C. Raymond Hunt Associates, the Hurricane SunDeck 2690 is a yacht-certified deck boat that’s 26 feet 4 inches overall length with a roomy 9-foot beam. While the boat’s beautiful exterior and spacious seating areas will grab the attention of boat buyers, the real advancements on the 2690 are found below the deck.
The internal stringer system is designed to have a clean white gelcoat finish inside nearly every compartment on the boat. The head flooring and outboard wall are also integrated into the stringer to allow for seamless construction and reduced weight in the boat. In addition, stringer walls are filled with flotation foam for safety, improved ride quality and sound dampening.
From the dealer maintenance side, nearly every serviceable item provides exceptionally easy access and can be quickly removed if needed. Even the bilge and fuel tank compartments are designed for easy cleaning.
“By designing this boat, in effect, from the inside out, we’ve been able to create an exciting new interior that’s even more comfortable and offers more storage,” said Director of Engineering Vann Knight. “And when it comes to amenities, the Hurricane SunDeck 2690 undoubtedly sets the bar higher for entertaining. We’ve been able to create an environment on board that you and your passengers will not want to leave.”
Some of the key new features on the 2690 include:
• A huge interior for entertaining with standard cockpit refreshment center/galley with solid countertops, pressurized sink, and an optional refrigerator.
• The Hurricane SunDeck 2690 is being offered in outboard power only and is designed to run with a 250- to 350-horsepower motor.
• The unique stern boarding system offers access from either port or starboard side and center step into cockpit. Twin swim platform areas (on each side of motor) converge into a wide step into the cockpit. Hurricane’s signature forward platform with boarding ladder makes it just as easy to enter the boat from the water.
• Ingenious ICE (Integrated Cooler Enclosure) – cooler access through the port lounge area.
• The wide bow seating area is fitted with an upscale two-tone upholstery matching the cockpit.
• The boat’s cockpit is very deep, for a safe, dry ride.
• Starboard hide-away jump seat is perfect for accommodating extra passengers.
• Oversized electronic head with solid countertop and stainless sink and vent window.
“Since developing the very first deck boat in 1974, and now developing our first boat with a 9-foot beam, Hurricane has been at the forefront of innovation and quality in this category,” Lindstrom said. “With the all-new Hurricane SunDeck 2690, we’ve taken the next step in the evolution of this versatile, family-friendly style of boat. When someone climbs aboard a Hurricane, they know they’re in for a day of fun and excitement — and that’s what this brand is all about.”