A Closer Look: Hurricane SunDeck 2690 OB
April 3, 2013
The Hurricane SunDeck 2690 is a yacht-certified deck boat that's 26 feet 4 inches overall length with a roomy 9-foot beam. While the boat's beautiful exterior and spacious seating areas will grab the attention of boat buyers, the real advancements on the 2690 are found below the deck. The internal stringer system is designed to have a clean white gelcoat finish inside nearly every compartment on the boat. The head flooring and outboard wall are also integrated into the stringer to allow for seamless construction and reduced weight in the boat. In addition, stringer walls are filled with flotation foam for safety, improved ride quality and sound dampening. From the dealer maintenance side, nearly every serviceable item provides exceptionally easy access and can be quickly removed if needed. Even the bilge and fuel tank compartments are designed for easy cleaning.
Some of the key new features on the 2690 include:
• The Hurricane SunDeck 2690 is being offered in outboard power only and is designed to run with a 250- to 350-horsepower motor.
• The unique stern boarding system offers access from either port or starboard side and center step into cockpit. Twin swim platform areas (on each side of motor) converge into a wide step into the cockpit. Hurricane's signature forward platform with boarding ladder makes it just as easy to enter the boat from the water.
• Ingenious ICE (Integrated Cooler Enclosure) -- cooler access through the port lounge area.
• The wide bow seating area is fitted with an upscale two-tone upholstery matching the cockpit.
• The boat's cockpit is very deep, for a safe, dry ride.
• Starboard hide-away jump seat is perfect for accommodating extra passengers.
• Oversized electronic head with solid countertop and stainless sink and vent window.